Friday, February 8, 2013

Postcard Friendship Friday Feb. 8

Hello and welcome to my sometimes contribution to Postcard Friendship Friday

Below is a Postcrossing card I sent to New Zealand.


It is part of the exposition grounds in San Francisco, early 1900's.  It went to a retirement home, with residents ages 70 to 100 years old.  They, like me, are exchanging cards with people all around the world.

I am linking up with Beth at the Best Hearts are Crunchy, for Postcard Friendship Friday.

Viridian

3 comments:

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Beautiful grounds! I hope the buildings still exist but maybe that's too much to expect.

Beth Niquette said...

What a gorgeous postcard. The grounds and building are incredibly lovely. I like the idea of little old people exchanging postcards. What knowledge and memories they must have. A treasure to be sure. I really love older folks.

Happy PFF!

VioletSky said...

This beautiful exhibition grounds does not look like SF to me, but I haven't seen too much of their grand architecture before from 1906. This week I had a new address for a 80 year old - it is neat to have older people involved in postcrossing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails