Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sunday Stamps #94

A Saturday dinner spent with family, and after that, time for Sunday Stamps.

This week's theme: stamps depicting hobbies.


Here is a stamp that I interpreted as celebrating bird watching and butterfly watching, and it can be that.  Actually it is a stamp issued for the 100th anniversary of the KNNV, the Royal Dutch Society for Natural History.  In their words:  "The KNNV is a society which aims at active participation in and with nature: through the enjoyment of nature, through natural history studies and through nature conservation. In other words the KNNV is a society for field biology."

I am interested in seeing what other people may have dug up for this theme.  Stamp collecting is an obvious choice, but we've had that theme before.What hobbies do you have to share?  join me with your link below.

Theme next week:  Water.

Viridian


6 comments:

Pam said...

I adore all the stamps and vintage images. I'm so grateful you are sharing these images! I am now a follower and look forward to visiting often! xo Pam

Joy said...

A stamp that captures the moment. I've had to be a bit loose with the theme, pity I had no Dutch stamps:-)

viridian said...

Willa: If you read this - it's to let you know that my combination of computer and browser and your tempalte will not let me leave comments on your blog. I am not ignoring you - honest!!!

VioletSky said...

wow - you picked a challenging theme this week!!

Bob Scotney said...

You may say I cheated but...!

I could have done something on birds as well.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

It was tricky this week, but I decided that really, if you put your mind to it, almost anything could be a hobby. But putting that into practice wasn't so easy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails