Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sunday Stamps #83

The theme this week is animals, any animals.  I have a few stamps that arrived recently on Postcrossing postcards.
On the left, the european bison (related to but not the same as the American bison) and on the right the beautiful snow leopard (Uncia uncia).



(both from Russia) and then:


A cute and chubby hedgehog from Belarus.  But not just any hedgehog - this is the southern white-breasted hedgehog (Erinaceus concolor), sometimes referred to as east European hedgehog, white-bellied hedgehog or white-chested hedgehog, according to Wikipedia.

Please join me this week with some cute (or serious) animal stamps of your own.  Add your link below.


Theme next week: we have been busy with various themes - let's take a break next week, and share stamps of anything you wish.

My contest post is up! You could win a chance at some free MOO postcards! See this post and leave a comment for a chance. This is available to anyone worldwide. The contest closes August 14.

Viridian

4 comments:

Aimee Dars said...

What wonderful images! I have to try to find some animal stamps for tomorrow!

Bob Scotney said...

Two fine stamps from Russia. I have included a hedgehog stamp as well but Erinaceus europaeus (European Hedgehog)

Sreisaat said...

I also love the stamps from Russia!


Postcards Crossing

Helen said...

All nice stamps... I don't have a hedgehog stamp, but I did include an echidna stamp! Sort of similar! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails